Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grenricks Guidance Forum Index -> General News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tianys

re: Thank you all for the fun

I wanted to first say that I have met some wonderful people during my time in BGA and have spent many an enjoyable evening/afternoon with you all,  but I have lost the desire to play a healer. And yes, its a direct cause of the permanent loot exclusions. I know Holy has made up his mind.  I am not trying to argue or change anything.  I am simply trying to explain my position in hopes people will understand and not judge me incorrectly because I have chosen to stop playing Valia.  I do have dps classes that Holy can use if he wants them going forward but that will be up to you all. I am sure some will understand my reasons and I am equally sure some will not.

Some may wonder why this whole DC thing and excluding people has bothered me so much.  First, this is the 4th time I have been in a guild that enacted this rule and it created bitterness and divisions every time resulting in turnover and reduced team effort/moral and from what I have seen..this one as well.  Ultimately, it has been my experience that in raids, dps are often far less reliable then healers as far as attendance; and turn over in DPS is almost always higher then healers and support.   Yet, over and over, healers and support were told they had to wait and not have access to items they worked just as hard for 'for the good of the raid'.  Often we were told its just for a short time but in every case as in this one it became the long term rule just like what has happened here.  Ultimately it is unfair.  That bothers me.. maybe more then it should but I cannot get past it. Thats my choice and I own that.  I am willing to accept that there are times in life where a certain bias is inevitable, as blanket rule going forward for the rest of this expac and possibly future expacs.. I simply cannot condone such an inequality on  long term basis.   I want it to be clear that the actual loot doesnt really mean anything- here today gone tomorrow, but in order for me to wish to work on my toon I have to believe I am part of a team that values me and will treat me as just as important as any other member on that team. Some classes simply cannot put out the numbers that others can but if they work just as hard as everyone else.. (again the key word being WORK) how is it ever right to tell them "for this... you are less important"? 

As a final note, I want to reiterate here that I said "WORK on my toon".  I think for a member to expect to be treated as an equal they have to put as much effort in as their peers to deserve this.  Equal give and take. Some people simply cannot give the time that others can. I understand life gets in the way.  But people who cannot make the effort shouldn't expect to be given precedence over those that do.  Simple as that.  I gave up gaming for a decade to be a mom because I realized I could not give adequate effort to my toon and my guild and be the mother I wanted to be. 

Thank you again to everyone and there will be no more from me on this topic. My apologies to those I irritated by vocalizing my objections, it simply was a matter that evoked strong feeling in me. 

Grenrick

re: Good by

Tianys, we wish you well in your future endeavors. May fair winds fill your sails. 

Holy

re: Thank you all for the fun

Valia, I for one do understand totally. At first, I thought I could live with this 'rule' and not care one way or another. But I was wrong as it does bother me quite a bit. For the most part, I understand the logic of giving that stuff to the top gunners first and yet it feels like they are the 'chosen few.' I am 'just a support class' but I have worked hard on my toon to be the best I am able. I am always learning new things and I strive to do my best. And even though I am a support class, I have to grit my teeth when I stay out of the bidding so our dpsers/privileged few can get the good stuff first. I am also confused to some degree because I often am in the top 10 (9 or 10) depending on raid makeup but being a dirge, I doubt I am one of the top 10 Holy always talks about. And to think it was another dirge winning an uber dc item that started all this. I do think you are correct Valia, this has caused some bad feelings among us lesser dps and healers. I truly do not really care about the loot itself but to be told we can't have it or shouldn't have it makes me at least feel less important than others on our squad. Our raid has 24 people and everyone should feel important to the team effort but when we are told not to bid, it makes us feel unimportant or less important than others. Thanks Valia for stating what I have been feeling the past few weeks.

Grenrick

re: Every one is important.

DPS ranking list is found here.

http://www.grenricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11907721&gid=60718 

For these very few items we will go by this list. 

Please read raid rules found here: http://grenricks.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6340821&sid=e447295deba0886ab477c023914e368a&gid=60718&_ga=2.217887775.86179771.1526487980-1264748175.1482614714#6340821

I am not treating a "special few" , I am being logical so we can advance as a team.

I want to state yet again that everyone is important to this raid. Again, just because Tanks get Mitigation gear first does not mean everyone else is less important. Just because Talduke would benefit "MORE" from the Double cast cloak then Ianuaria does not mean Ianuaria is not as important as Talduke. It is simply the raid would benefit more and at this time it is needed.

DPS in the millions

Talduke 13,030.4
Ianuaria 387.9

My original plan was "hey all lets let the top 10 get these items first, then the rest of us can roll on it."  But because this concept of we do not have enough DPS to do the next mobs was to difficult to understand by Valia it caused major issues in our last raid. She was the one that choose to bid that sent a flurry of tells and statements of "well if she is bidding why can't I?" In fact it was her comment in raid chat of "just open it up or make it rule" that caused me to try to put a stop to the difficulty of understanding this request, and make it a rule. 

I am willing to put my gear where my mouth is. When people say "its not the gear" then lets move on, because its not the gear.

Holyguaridan will be the last to get the Doublecast cloak and belt. In my eyes everyone else is more important then me, and I am willing to take those items last. This puts my gear where my mouth is. I want to move forward and I will consider what is best for the raid over what I would like to have.

Can we please move on?

Jump to: